Note: If you already have a TransLink card, it still will work just the same.
Getting a Clipper (TransLink) Youth card
You will need to bring proof-of-age documentation--a birth certificate, passport, military dependent card, or alien registration card.
• Pre-register to attend an outreach event.
• Visit the AC Transit Ticket Office at 1600 Franklin Street, Oakland, with the pre-registration form (or fill out the form at the ticket office) and bring documentation as outlined above- Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., except holidays, and also from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on these Saturdays: May 22, June 26, July 24, and August 28. Your card will be mailed to you within 14 days.
You can get many of your questions answered here. If you need additional information, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 511 (and say, "AC Transit").
Link to full details about Clipper/Translink and Youth tickets, including information about:
- Elimination of Youth 31-Day paper tickets
- Exchanging unused paper Youth 31-Day tickets
- Exchanging partially used Youth 31-Day paper tickets
Ticket Exchange Form